Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Catching Up on TV Sci-Fi

Listening to Van Hemlock 88 really got me in the mood to watch Deep Space 9, my favorite of the Star Trek series. The only problem was that when I went looking for it, I couldn't find it. Instead, I found the remake of the 1970s series Battlestar Galactica and decided to pick up the mini-series and the first season since I had never seen it before. I did watch the original series when it first came out and I can safely say that the series is definitely put together differently. The difference that I had heard of was that Starbuck was now a woman, but after watching the mini-series, that wasn't the biggest difference. Oh no. The biggest difference I noticed was the character of Gaius Baltar. In the original series, Baltar was a count who sold out the human race in exchange for power. So far, Gaius Baltar is a genius who was conned by a beautiful blond Cylon who is now, literally, stuck in his head. How that is going to play out I'm dying to find out.

While watching the mini-series, I found myself thinking of Eve sometimes when looking at the fleet scenes. But the similarity that struck me the most was the explanation about how when the Cylon's human body died the personality matrix would be transported to another body. Sounded a lot like the way a pod pilot is transported back to the cloning vat when he is podded.

So instead of grinding faction towards getting a perfect refine last night, I watched BSG. Oh well, I didn't want all of the ore anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment