Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

One Year Anniversary

In a sign of epic blog failure, I missed the 1 year anniversary of the creation of The Nosy Gamer. Created on 16 February of last year, I set out to discuss my opinions of massively multi-player online role playing games (MMORPGs), in particular EverQuest 2, and the podcasts that surround them. What a long strange trip it has been. I wrote a weekly column, What I’ve Been Listening To, about podcasts from February to August until listening to podcasts became a chore instead of a job.

In August, with the news that the new EQ2 expansion would come out in February 2010 instead of November 2009, I took the plunge into Eve Online. By November, having accomplished just about everything I wanted to, I left the world of Norrath after having played for 3 ½ years. At about the same time, my desire to write diminished and the blog went silent for over a month.

In December I started to get the itch to write again and fired up the blog. Since then I’ve mostly written about the universe of New Eden with the occasional return to discussing podcasts I found particularly interesting. I started up a series on sovereignty that lasted a week until I realized just how much work producing those posts were. But I did learn about tools like Dotlan that have helped me in playing Eve.

So what does the future hold for The Nosy Gamer? I’m not even going to guess. If anyone had asked me last February, I would have replied I would be writing about EQ2 and happily leveling my army of crafting alts up to level 90. But I can say what my plans for the next few months are. The first is to keep posting the types of stories about Eve that drew me into the game in the first place. The second is that I’d like to write (and copy & paste) information about the Minmatar Republic and the Minmatar in general. Just as I did research about Eve before even downloading the trial, I want to do some research before jumping into role-play and faction warfare and posting the information here will reinforce what I learn. But beyond that, everything is subject to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment