Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Listening to Podcasts

With EQ2 Extended delayed a day, I have time to write about some of the podcasts I've listened to over the last week.  I listened to The Instance #199, which was interesting because Scott and Randy talked a bit about playing Eve Online.  Randy plays Eve alone, but you can't say he doesn't understand that MMOs are supposed to be played with others since his guild, AIE, is the largest guild in World of Warcraft.  I can say from first-hand experience that flying around high-sec is relaxing.  Well, at least when you're flying cheap ships not carrying anything of value anyway.  I'm looking forward to show #200 which should come out around August 24th.

I also listened to WoW Insider #151 and their coverage of the Cataclysm beta.  I enjoy listening to them and am falling behind listening to the podcast.  I need to learn how to use iTunes better.

Speaking of falling behind, I listened to Van Hemlock #114 and their discussion about game reviews sparked by Blizzard not allowing reviewers to play Starcraft 2 before release.  With summer comes Jon taking a break from looking at gaming news so there will only be one Van Hemlock podcast every week.

With my crazy work and travel schedule I missed The Dellmon leaving EQ2s-day.  But he's back on a new podcast, EQ2 Talk.  The fifth podcast was released a couple of days ago, so I have some catching up to do.  The podcast will go very nicely with my jumping into EQ2 Extended.

And of course I'm listening to Eve Online podcasts as well.  I was going to listen to Kirith's latest Broadcasts from the Ninveah podcast but since he plugged the Not Alot of News Newshour's interview with CCP xHagen, I started to listen to that instead.  I'll have to finish listening soon, but I had to catch some sleep.  So many podcasts and so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment