Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

COSMOS Missions Here I Come

Sometimes blogging is very good aid in playing Eve.  I just came across an example.  I was researching an article on uses for dog tags and I stumbled across the Minmatar COSMOS Guide.  Although I'd heard of them vaguely when I read about how to get faction battleships using pirate tags in ISK 3.0, I never really looked into them before now.  I think I've been missing out on an interesting piece of the game.  Here is a description from the Minmatar Guide.
"The Minmatar COSMOS constellation can raise faction standings from 0.0 to over 5.0 unmodified with no additional storyline missions run. It is recommended you have Republic Fleet standings above 6.0 beforehand, though these missions can assist you in achieving those standings. COSMOS complexes generally have widely varying ship class restrictions from frig to battlecruisers. Battlecruisers are generally the preferred ship to generate isk, though an assault frig will not have to worry about gate restrictions. Most courier missions can be done in an assault frig, though may require cargo expanders.
"Unless you buy the items needed off the market, you will need an Analyzer and a Codebreaker for some of the missions/plexes. Nakugard makes a good base of operations, as many of the mission and agent locations are in or next door to Nakugard."
Analyzers?  Codebreakers?  Assault ships as a recommended ship type?  And battlecruisers instead of battleships?  Forget making isk grinding level 4 missions, I want to try this!  Looks like I know what I'll be doing this weekend.  Well, trying to do, I should say.


1 comment:

  1. I really admire your optimism in this game.
    Before you try COSMOS be sure to read up about all the hidden dangers that it entails, besides the obvious ones like camping and loot stealing.
    Level 4 missions are still the best way to make ISK in Empire, even if a boring one. COSMOS missions are in lowsec and usually farmed by those who would love to pod you.

    ReplyDelete