Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2015

First World Blogging Problems

Going from unemployment to trying to adapting to a new company and learning its proprietary software as fast as possible is a bit of a shock. A pleasant shock, but still a shock. One thing I'm taking away from the first few days is I really need to get my personal time in order. If I don't, I won't even play games when I get home from work. I'll just come home, surf the net for a couple of hours, then go to sleep.

I do have another research project. Matterall in his EN24 article on real money trading used titans and supercarriers as examples of items players will purchase with dirty ISK because the amounts involved are so large. Over the past two years I noticed that the amounts purchased at one time are growing ever so larger. Has CCP succeeded in getting the more casual player with more modest ISK needs to eschew the black market and buy PLEX? Something to try to find out.

But my illicit RMT projects usually take a minimum of 30 days to bear fruit in the form of blog posts. I need to come up with other ideas. Which brings up the whole idea of organizing my time. I need to come up with a list of ideas of blog post subjects. I don't lack for ideas. The problem comes when I sit down at the computer and try to remember them. The big ideas that require a weekend to write I remember with no problem. But I don't have as much time anymore, even compared to the last couple of years at my previous job.

So I'm back to making lists. Lists for things that catch my interest while surfing the net. Lists of things to do when I play. Possibly even lists of what lists I need. I see a profusion of lists in my future.

Hopefully I will get everything straightened out over the holiday weekend. I know I'll get to play some games at the minimum. Now I just need to come up with a good topic for my next post.

1 comment:

  1. I have the blogger app on my phone and will jot down a few lines or notes at work to grab an idea when I am busy.

    ReplyDelete