I look at special events as a way to increase the amount of skill points I have. But until I watched a YouTube video, I didn't realize how much of a value running sites and collecting the accelerators really is. The video was made by a new YouTuber named Shipwreck Jones. He did a little math and determined how many skill points a character could gain over 30 days using accelerators.
|From Arms Race Event 2017|
- 0 to 5 million Skill Points at time of use = 500.000 unallocated Skill Points
- 5-50 million Skill Points at time of use = 400.000 unallocated Skill Points
- 50-80 million Skill Points at time of use = 300.000 unallocated Skill Points
- 80 million or more Skill Points at time of use = 150.000 unallocated Skill Points
Converting those amounts to skill injectors, using accelerators for 30 days results in the following amount of skill injectors.
- 0 to 5 million SP = 1.56 large skill injectors
- 5 to 50 million SP = 1.94 large skill injectors
- 50 to 80 million SP = 2.59 large skill injectors
- over 80 million SP = 5.18 large skill injectors
Finally, the question everyone wants to know. How big is the benefit in ISK? Instead of figuring out the sale price for each accelerator, I took the average price of a large skill injector in The Forge yesterday (809,412,999.86 ISK) to determine how much one would have to pay.
- 0 to 5 million SP = 1,262,684,279.78 ISK
- 5 to 50 million SP = 1,570,261,219.73 ISK
- 50 to 80 million SP = 2,096,379,669.64 ISK
- over 80 million SP = 4,192,759,339.27 ISK
At yesterday's prices, the skill points I would acquire by collecting 45 accelerators by running the event sites would cost approximately 12.6 trillion ISK if I wanted to use large skill injectors to get the same amount of skill points for my three characters. While the drops from the Arms Race event were abysmal, the Yoiul Festival event that runs until 9 January is much better. I completed the event (400 points) on two characters last night, one in high sec and one in low sec. I figure the average drop rate between the security bands was 50%, which means I averaged 3 accelerators per hour. So 12.6 billion ISK for 15 hours of work? Kind of hard to pass up 280 million ISK ticks.