Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Technologically Obsolete

Last night I finally admitted defeat.  I am no longer playing The Secret World.

Don't get me wrong, I liked TSW.  But my computer just can't handle the game since Issue #6 was launched.  I'm not even in Egypt but my computer still crashes.  I'm not really surprised.  When I bought the game I knew the specs on my graphics card weren't up to spec but the game ran anyway.  Apparently time and development finally caught up to me as I can no longer run the game for any length of time (i.e. 15 minutes) without the game freezing up and crashing.

I guess I'll have to settle for playing 10 year-old games like Eve Online.

 




7 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Nosy. New graphics cards are coming out every day, bringing the price for nice--but slightly older cards down considerably. Nice screen shot by the way. What are you flying? Would you mind sharing the fitting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Maelstrom. I'll tell you that I usually fit artillery and shield tank, with a Hurricane (getting fired upon in the middle shot) taking care of the small close-range stuff. It took a lot of skills to be able to fit 1400s, but after watching Clear Skies I just had to fly a ship with them.

      Delete
    2. Ahh, Yes. Thought that could be it, but almost looked as if your ship had only one of the ventral projections. Couldn't find a ship like that. Yes, it's just the angle. Well, sounds like a nice exploration combo.

      Clear Skies is awesome. Your motivation is understandable. BTW, does the hurricane just orbit the Maelstrom until small ships come close enough? TY.

      Delete
    3. The orbiting is how I start. That usually draws fire from the battleship as well. Split fire is easier to tank. I also have a gang link in the Hurricane to give some shield resistance boosts.

      Delete
    4. Ha! Nice. Thanks for the tip. Happy exploration to you. Hope the new expansion gives you another reason to take out the twins.

      Delete
  2. that's overheating. thermopaste and new cooler are your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If someone looks for a new games and a easy way to get them, I can recommend you using game card. Sometimes it's hard to find new games on torrents.

    ReplyDelete