Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2024

BitCraft Announced Alpha For 2 April 2024

This morning I woke up to an interesting announcement on a Discord server. A game from Clockwork Labs called BitCraft is launching its first alpha on 2 April 2024. Here is the trailer.


The game looks okay for an alpha, but why am I following BitCraft? Admittedly the game is not my usual type of game. The tie-in for me is that CCP Games is financially invested in the studio developing the game. According to Crunchbase, in April 2022 CCP Games participated in a $22 million round of funding led by Andreessen Horowitz, the same company that led the $40 million funding round for Project Awakening.

I figure I should keep an eye on BitCraft, especially since one of the co-founders of Clockwork Labs isn't exactly the biggest fan of blockchain technology in video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment