Just a quick post about Cloud Imperium Games. With the company's online cash shop reaching $100 million so far in 2026 I wasn't too concerned about any further shakeups amongst the company's leadership. That is, until I received an automated email from Reddit informing me of a post about two more people removed from the company's about page sometime over the past two months.
The first individual missing, in alphabetical order, is Claire Buffet. A 15 year veteran of Turbulent, Buffet became the Vice President of Operations in April 2025. With the reorganization of Cloud Imperium and the shift of the workforce outside the U.S. I thought Buffet was a great person to place in charge of North America.
The other individual is more noteworthy considering some of the server problems I've heard have afflicted the Persistent Universe over the past couple of patches. Mike Jones was listed as the Vice President of Corporate & Publishing Technology at CIG. Publishing doesn't mean selling copies of Squadron 42. Jones' position provides single-point accountability for all non-game-engine IT operations and technology management across the entire company. If Jones really is gone, that helps explain why Benoit Beausejour, CIG's Chief Technology Officer, was up all night as server issues were addressed on occasion.
I did check LinkedIn and social media and I don't see an indication the two are gone from the company. But that About page on the corporate website is getting rather sparse. Apart from Tony Zurovec who apparently is left on the page as a matter of respect, the leadership section is now down to 9 people including Chris Roberts.
No comments:
Post a Comment