Pages

Thursday, August 17, 2023

The Nosy Gamer In The News

The title of this article is probably a little grandiose. I sometimes get a mention or two over on MassivelyOP, mainly for my financial posts about Star Citizen and Pearl Abyss. But yesterday I learned one of my articles appeared in a video produced by a YouTuber with 300 thousand subscribers, so I thought I'd mark the occasion with a blog post.

But before noting the video reference, I thought I'd shout out to MassivelyOP Editor-in-Chief Bree Royce and her article on Pearl Abyss' Q2 2023 Earnings call. She often includes a bit from my posts on the subject in hers, but I think she was extra inspired last Thursday. I'm a bit jealous I didn't come up with the title, "Pearl Abyss Q2 2023: EVE surges, Black Desert stumbles, Crimson Desert hedges". Also, I saw enough small details in the piece to know she didn't just copy information off the presentation power-point or crib extra information from my post. I saw a couple of details she would have learned from either finding a transcript of the call or actually listening. So a nice job by Bree and I'm not just saying that because she linked my my post.

A fortnight ago MassivelyOP's Chris Neal included some information from my monthly recap of CIG's funding in an update on Star Citizen's funding. I think Chris' article might have led to my showing up in an ObsidianAnt video.

The video, When Devs Go TOO FAR - Star Citizen Community in MELTDOWN, goes into the latest meltdown over changes to access to the public test universe (PTU). But ObsidianAnt expanded on the initial cause and brought in a bunch of other factors. One of those factors is the amount of money Cloud Imperium Games has raised in an effort to make the games (Star Citizen and Squadron 42). And that's where The Nosy Gamer appears.

Okay, the mention was brief (from 10 minutes ot 10:04 in the video), but the blog showed up an entire 4 seconds. Much better, ObsidianAnt linked to the blog post in the description of the video. I'll call that a win.

Every so often I get to see my writing, or links to a post, in surprising places on the Internet. This time I just had to make a note to myself by mentioning the fact on the blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment