Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Flying Solo In EVE: Filling Time With MCT

I didn't get much playtime in EVE Online last week. I took the week off work and did grown-up things like getting my car fixed, reviewing my retirement finances, and taking my mom out for her birthday. When I did play video games, I dedicated most of my EVE time to EVE Frontier. I also did some sillyness in Final Fantasy XIV, but that was mostly just doing general crafting stuff, which is what I do a lot of in EVE. And of course I did a look back at Pearl Abyss and how our old overlords are doing financially.


I may need to start paying more attention to EVE as I've seen a slight increase in activity over the last two weeks. No, the summer slump is still ongoing but the average concurrent users on Tranquility has been 23,000 +/- 500 accounts for two weeks now and the PCU for the week exceeded 32,000 for the first time in a month. I haven't really seen a special reason like an event to come back so I'm assuming the summer slump has bottomed out. The U.S. still has one more big summer holiday so the potential for a double-dip remains.


If activity were only tracked through the global PLEX market I'd have to say activity is steady. The total volume of PLEX sold remained even with the average price of a PLEX increasing by approximately 50,000 each during the week. I didn't see any promotions or sales that would have enticed any major activity.

Since I've spent the last week or so just training my newest character, multiple character training is on my mind. I have run out of MCT on both accounts. I was hoping to get a better deal than the current one, but 3 months of multiple character training and one month of Omega time for $24 doesn't sound too bad. I was really hoping for a better deal but I have the feeling we'll see some big PLEX and subscription sales when Labor Day in the U.S. rolls around in three weeks. In the meantime I really do need to finish up the level 1 epic arc before then so I'm ready for what comes in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment