Sometimes I get a little weird. Final Fantasy XIV's patch 7.55 dropped last Tuesday, providing a lot of content. A few days prior to that Square Enix held its European Fanfest for 2026 in Berlin. And what has me excited? Leveling my bard job. I blame Yoshi-P for that. Between the introduction of the new Bastion tanking job and the upcoming Evolved Mode reducing the button bloat that accumulated over the past 10+ years, I was inspired to start leveling a new job. Or, I should say, a job I abandoned leveling a few years ago.
My bard was level 51, which back in the day meant laboring to reach level 53 to reach Sohm Al. But with patch 7.5 that launched in April, I now had access to The Dusk Vigil, a level 51 dungeon, in Duty Support. So I ran The Dusk Vigil up to level 53 to where the MSQ provided dungeons every 2 levels until I reached level 60. As of the writing of this post, I've completed the bard questline and just need to get to level 61 to begin grinding The Sirensong Sea.
In the past leveling a job between levels 61 and 65 was a pain. That's where the second dungeon added to Duty Support in patch 7.5, Shisui of the Violet Tides, comes in. A level 63 dungeon, running a dungeon four or five times helps gear up a job for the next dungeon.
The gearing while leveling is still a big deal. But with new dungeons I really only need to go out and get new gear when I start running dungeons for the next expansion. So far I'm only spending 150,000 - 250,000 gil per expansion for gear. But between my Island Sanctuary and Cosmic Exploration, just selling advanced dyes easily pays for new leveling gear.
Not a big deal, but something I didn't realize Square Enix did until I began leveling my bard job. Evercold promises to change things up and make life easier. I'm glad I found something introduced to the game a couple of months ago that does the same thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment