Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

EVE Is Real: U.S. Presidential Election Edition

One of the things that drives me nuts about the elections for the Council of Stellar Management is when people claim if your candidate does not win that you have wasted your vote. Such BS! However, because of that type of thinking, we now have single transferrable voting for the CSM. A lot of people tell those voting in CSM elections for the first time that they must fill out all 15 spots on their ballots or they have wasted a vote. My normal reply is that the only wasted vote is one cast for a candidate you don't believe in. That usually results in my voting for less than 5 candidates in a CSM election.

Today I got to put that principle to the test in real life. Both of the major party candidates, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, are horrible candidates who don't belong in the White House. Yet, I'm told I must vote for them. But why waste my vote? So I voted for the Libertarian Party candidate, Gary Johnson. I don't agree with him on everything, but then again, no one's perfect.

So during the next CSM election, when you read me proclaiming a wasted vote is one for someone you do not believe in, that's not just me playing the EVE Online meta. That's me stating a real life belief. Because, as we all know, EVE is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment