Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Star Citizen On Pace For $100 Million In Sales In 2022

Following the announcement of changes to the Star Citizen developmental roadmap at the beginning of February, a lot of haters decided that players would finally abandon Cloud Imperium Games. Not I. As I wrote a month ago, "Until I see evidence to the contrary, I see the CIG money machine continuing to roll on for the foreseeable future." And I still hope Chris Roberts is able to raise $1 billion, even though I wouldn't invest in a company he runs, or pre-order a game he develops. But despite the hopes of many, the CIG money machine rolled on.

The RSI Funding Page at the beginning of the day on 1 Mar 22

During the first two months of 2022, CIG raised slightly over $14 million. The figure is more than CIG received in sales in the first 3 months of 2021, a record year for the company. As a reminder of how well the company is doing financially:

  • 2020 - CIG received $88.2 million in revenue from all sources, posting its first profit since 2014.

  • 2021 - CIG recorded $84 million in revenue in virtual sales as recorded on it funding page. Other revenue sources will likely push the number up around $95 million. The public won't know until the financial report for 2021 is posted sometime in December.

With CIG already ahead of its revenue generation by $5 million after two months, I would say the company should reach $100 million in sales in 2022. And I'm still rooting for Chris Roberts to collect $1 billion before all is said and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment