Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Tattoos and Piercings

I got home late from work last night and decided to finally redo Wandering Rose's looks by adding some tattoos and piercings.  I'm not a big fan of tattoos and piercings and I wasn't sure if I could redo her looks and still retain a working spacer look.

Being Minmatar Wandering Rose had to get a tattoo.  The tattoo is faded because she's had it most of her life, but at the same time is one of the more unobtrusive tattoos.  I didn't want something ostentatious that shouts out her heritage in some sort of attention-getting cry.  And while she can afford any type of body modification, her old tattoos are a reminder of the life she had before becoming a capsuleer.  A reminder of her humanity, which so many capsuleers tend to lose after holding almost god-like powers for awhile.

The same thought process covered the body piercings.  Because you never know what emergencies may occur outside the safety of a pod, Wandering Rose just prefers simple earrings.  Nothing for an enemy to grab a hold of and use against her.  This is especially true since CONCORD is expected to pass a regulation in the next few months requiring pilots to leave their ships whenever they dock at a station in Empire space.  Wandering Rose rarely left the safety of her pod when docking at Amarr stations.  Now, she hopes for the best but prepares for the worst.

I also decided to darken her hair and redo her makeup a tiny bit.  I also decided to get a long sleeved shirt.  All in all, I think I managed to improve her look.  Of course, it just might be the lighting.  I'll put the before and after pictures up and let you decide for yourself.

Before




After



Two final thoughts.  The first is that if you are going to redo your looks, don't start playing with the character creator if you get home from work at 11pm and have to leave for work at 7:30 the next morning.  Time does fly when your having fun.  The second is that I really need to post the background stories for Wandering Rose and Rosewalker on the blog.  I faded a bit into character in this post and I really should get the whole story written.

No comments:

Post a Comment