Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

A Short Note About Avoiding Spoilers

Another day, another technical issue. Today's was waking up to a planned power outage to fix storm damage in the area. But I wanted to write down some thoughts as I try to navigate around all the spoilers in both gaming and social media.

I realize I don't play through Final Fantasy XIV like I'm supposed to. That is, race through the MSQ, making sure to level more than one combat job at the same time. Instead, I worry about my army of retainers as well as making items, mainly food, for myself. But I like discovering new items and running through the Wachumeqimeqi Deliveries storylines. I also like playing with the new crafting skills and updating my macros. In short, I'm playing to enjoy myself and not rush through things.

At the same time, I'm reaching the end of the period I can reasonably expect people to not blurt out spoilers. Judging by some content, I should have completed the MSQ after the first week. Luckily, I'm in zone 5 and have already discovered the secondary city Solution Nine (the name is in the patch notes) so I haven't been spoiled too badly. I think.

But as a heads up, if I publish anymore articles about Ashes of Creation, I'm desperately running away from Final Fantasy XIV spoilers.

No comments:

Post a Comment