Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Dawntrail Launches Today And The Board of Turalism

All of the preliminaries are over. Today the latest expansion for Final Fantasy XIV, Dawntrail, launches. Before going on, a bit of housekeeping. Make sure to register your copy of Dawntrail if you have early access. In one of those moves the Square Enix website is famous for, registering an early access key for the expansion doesn't register the expansion itself. I have the feeling accounting is involved in the form of counting deferred revenue. But no mater. Players have until July 5th to register their key.

Launch day is here

I will admit as I get older I begin taking enjoyment out of some of the surrounding content around an expansion launch. CCP Games did so with its Upwell Consortium website. Very corporate and in keeping with the EVE universe. Creative Studio III published its own special website for Dawntrail, the Board of Turalism's TourTural.com.

Both are trying to sell something. But where the Upwell Consortium knows internet spaceships are serious business, Tural's Board of Turalism is a more light-hearted affair as the below video shows.

Honestly, I can't wait for the new cookbook for Dawntrail bound to come out. I also anticipate a few hangovers.

From the Board of Turalism website

I also want to point out someone over in Creative Studio III decided to include a customer support chat.

Even offers customer support

I haven't tried the feature out yet. Hopefully the design is better than the typical Square Enix website I'm used to using.

I do have the feeling I'll go back every so often and see whether the website is just a bit of launch fun or a site worth checking up on. But for now, may the queues not swallow you up logging into the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment