Pages

Monday, October 28, 2024

EVE Online News Not Important Enough For The News Feed

Over the weekend a couple of events concluded in the EVE Online world that didn't make the news feed. I didn't even think to check until I read Wilhelm's coverage of the CSM 19 election results on The Ancient Gaming Noob. I did manage to find some news on Twitter (aka X, which is a totally stupid name). 

For the first time since I started playing in 2009 I didn't vote. I might wind up doing a voting breakdown, but to be honest, I'm a bit burned out on CSM content. Also, I might have to install Python 2.7 on a computer and I've moved on to Python 3. Then again, I saw a presentation at Fanfest last year in which CCP plans to move on to Python 3 as well. I wonder if the election script will need any updating.

The other piece of news was the results of Alliance Tournament XX. 

A long-time tournament powerhouse, The Tuskers, defeated the winner of Alliance Tournament XVIII, Truth.Honour.Light. This year's win is the second for The Tuskers, as their previous win was in 2016. The Tuskers did not set a record for time between AT wins. That record still belongs to HYDRA RELOADED, winners of Alliance Tournament IX (2011) and Alliance Tournament XVII (2021).

Perhaps CCP will publish the news later on today. But I would have thought at least the CSM 19 results would have had better publicity from CCP. Unlike the finals of the Alliance Tournament, the news could have been set to release at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment