Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2026

Dawntrail: When The Last Content Drops

Tuesday witnessed what I am assuming is the final content patch for Final Fantasy XIV: Dawnwalker. We might see a patch 7.58 as a preparation for the next expansion, Evercold, in order to clean up a few things, but the content is done. Despite the fact I'm still stuck in the patch 7.4 MSQ I'm still not in a big rush to do the rest of the content. Trying to get the final Cosmic Exploration mount while the content is still relevant? Oh yes! I do need to speed up the grinding for that. But the rest of the content? No.

That also includes the new beastmaster limited job introduced in patch 7.56. I spent years before touching the original limited job, blue mage. But the fact we have four months to go until the launch of the next expansion won't stop many from rushing through the beastmaster leveling grind. I even see multiple people advertising the "fastest beastmaster leveling guide" on YouTube less than 24 hours after the job was introduced. Color me skeptical, but I don't exactly trust guides that come out that fast. But the demand for those types of videos is there.

Looking through the patch notes, the only other content in the expansion (not just patch) is the final four quests of the expansion. Sure, we haven't seen the return of all the crossover content yet, but for all intents and purposes we won't see any new content apart from seasonal events until January. 

The one remaining big event on the calendar is the Tokyo Fanfest on Halloween and All Hallows Day (aka October 31st & November 1st). I might need to actually finish the MSQ before then, but I really hate trials and still need to do the last two. That's right, I'm 11 quests away from finishing and I'm hung up on doing trials. I've been told in the past to just go in as a DPS job, try not to die, and get carried. It feels wrong but I may wind up doing that.

I also need to finish up the Hildebrand questline. I still need to do the last two quests from patch 7.55. Those I like. In fact, I may try to go back and replay each series using New Game+. 

And that's one of the challenges for game developers. They don't need to worry about players like me. I never keep up with the content so always have something to do. But all those people who race ahead and vacuum up all the content in a week? I can expect those people to start complaining by the end of the month, if not sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment