I'm not really qualified to opine on the new version of WoW right now since I stopped playing the game back in 2006. But I think I am qualified to anticipate what WoW Forever will do to the video game release calendar.
Any company that bailed on releasing a game in the final three months of 2026 is breathing a sign of relief they made the right choice. On top of the release of Forever on 4 November comes the much anticipated release of Grand Theft Auto VI on 18 November. Between the release of new entries from two classic franchises I'd say little attention will be available for other games in the releasing in the fourth quarter.
My favorite games hopefully shouldn't have an issue. Final Fantasy XIV's Evercold expansion is scheduled to launch sometime in January 2027. EVE Online's winter expansion hopefully will not launch in November. I think Fenris could get away with releasing the expansion on 8 December, giving curious people a month to play the new game before the series business of internet spaceships. And Cloud Imperium? They had already delayed the launch of Squadron 42 to the second quarter of 2027. But I wonder the effect on the biggest sales event, the Intergalactic Aerospace Expo. Something to watch out for in 8 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment