Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Eve Radio's Revamp And The CCP Invasion

Over the past couple of years when I've traveled to Europe on business Eve Radio has served not only as a link to Eve Online but as my primary radio station.  I could wake up, turn on my computer and listen to some tunes and Eve talk while getting ready for work.  Of course, with only one channel plus the jukebox, I sometimes wound up listening to some music I don't really like. That changed a bit with the addition of the rewind feature last year, but I still like fresh shows.

On 30 April Eve Radio expanded to four separate channels: Prime, Talk, Rock and Dance.  The Prime channel will contain "the best of the best" and when the shows are live will have no competition from other DJs.  From Monday thru Friday, the Prime schedule features live shows from 19:00 - 22:00 GMT/Eve time with reruns of the previous day's Prime show from 3:00 - 6:00 and 13:00 - 16:00.  Saturdays feature two live slots from midnight - 3:00 and 18:00 - 21:00 with replays from 6:00 - 9:00 and 15:00 - 18:00.  The schedule currently is:

Monday - DJ Moz
Tuesday - Destiny
Wednesday - DJ Wiggles
Thursday - DJ Daddy
Friday - JusJ4ck
Saturday - DJ FunkyBacon and DJ Helix

I'm pretty excited about the Talk channel.  When Eve Radio only had one channel with DJs, there wasn't a lot of talk shows because people like listening to music.  Now with four stations, I can listen to a bunch of talk shows and get the latest news.  I could listen to podcasts, but I usually download those on my iPad and listen to them on the train or on the plane when traveling on business.

I've mentioned the Prime schedule but neglected Sundays.  That's because we haven't heard the final schedule yet.  Starting Sunday, the Prime show from 18:00 - 21:00 is a talk show featuring CCP Affinity and CCP Diagoras.  That's right, CCP will produce a show on Eve Radio.  While CCP Diagoras is new at the whole internet radio business, CCP Affinity was an Eve Radio dj before going to work at CCP so Diagoras should be free to look up interesting statistics for the audience.  And where you find two devs there are usually hanging around.  Three hours of devs talking about Eve.  I love it.

The best thing is that if I miss the show on Sunday I'll be able to catch the show when going to work on Monday morning.  And if I miss it on Monday I can always listen on the rewind service.  The only cloud on the horizon is that internet problems may delay the start of the show until the 20th.  But I know have a new must listen radio show to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment