First, the CSM 14 election results. I'll break this down further in another post, but 5 out of 7 incumbents won:
- Killah Bee
- Steve Ronuken
- Dunk Dinkle
- Olmeca Gold
On the subject of the new Triglavian invasion content, players are racking up the kills, with an impressive 59:1 kill ratio. I'm not sure exactly who that is impressive for, the players or the new AI behind the Triglavian NPCs. By the time I post this article, the number of NPCs killed will have reached 1 million. Player losses, on the other hand, exceeded 1.4 trillion ISK. To but that in perspective, the amount is the equivalent of 700 months of game time.
CCP also provided an update on the war declaration changes. As of 19 June, New Eden had 480 wars declared:
- 96 mutual wars
- 112 wars with no HQ (existed before the war dec change)
- 272 wars with HQ declared
Last, but not least, comes news on CCP's War On Bots and Illicit RMT™. CCP Falcom provided the following ban statistics for 2018:
- 9502 accounts banned for hacking
- 20643 accounts banned for botting
- 14678 accounts banned for RMT related activity
In addition, CCP Burger noted during the keynote address that over 9.2 trillion ISK was confiscated in 2018.
CCP also announced alpha account changes to help combat botting. The cap on Heavy Drone Operation drops from IV to III, Medium Drone Operation from V to IV, and Drone Interfacing from IV down to III. The EVE University Wiki indicates alpha accounts will face the following effects:
- No longer able to use Tech 2 and Augmented medium drones
- Heavy drone damage drops by 5%
- Medium drone damage drops by 5%
- 10% drop in all drone damage
The above is not a comprehensive review of the news released at EVE North. Here are a few other bullet points of news I heard in Toronto:
- The 64-bit client beta ends within the next week and 32-bit client support ends by the end of 2019.
- DirectX 12 development to begin, which allows for depreciation of DirectX 9.
- The phase-out of POS in the next few months.
- A new tether state called "mooring" may be introduced.
- Plans to improve the UI & user experience to aid retention (and help existing players).
- We overloaded the scientists infrastructure with our Project Discovery activity.
- The next Aether Wars test to occur at GamesCon.