Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2024

What To Do With My Island Sanctuary After A Year

Over the weekend I completed another grind in Final Fantasy XIV. As grinds go, obtaining the Island Adenium mount from my island sanctuary wasn't onerous. I just needed to go to my island every Tuesday and ensure I would earn the maximum number of Felicitous Favors (7) from my workshops every week for 29 weeks. Honestly, apart from the necessity of stocking up on some inputs once a month, spending 10-15 minutes on my island each week wasn't a big deal. Especially since I am still hooked on the feature.

Island sanctuaries first came out in April 2023 with patch 6.2 and this weekend I thought I had just about finished the content, with the minor exception of not earning the Sustainable Sourcing III title. I decided to write a celebration post but while doing the research, I ran into a problem. I had more to do.

The big one is one more mount, the Island Perrifool, exists. The whistle to summon the mount is found in Sanctuary Materiel Containers which costs 10 Felicitious Tokens. Considering the maximum number of tokens one can earn per week is 7, that comes out to two or three chances to get the mount per month.

Then I looked up the loot table for the Material Containers. The chances of getting the mount within 3-4 months is probably slim. Some of the consolation prizes are not bad, however. For example, I see many minions available.

Some are very common and some are rare enough I still don't have one. But continuing looking I found something more interesting. I've mentioned in the past how the island sanctuary is a good way to get some of the more rare dyes passively. But all of the dyes available from the cash shop are in the loot table for the Sanctuary Materiel Containers. I should add that the cash shop dyes are sellable on the market board, making the dye trade one of the legal ways to convert real life cash to gil.

I should add for crafters some of the materials to make special glamour items are also available from the containers. These include:

  • Fireglass Leather
  • Indego Cloth
  • Seacloth
  • Waterproof Cloth

Speaking of crafting, I still need to acquire three more landmarks. The Water Otter Fountain, Uncharted Course, and Aetherial Arbor all require expert crafted items to obtain. As just so happens, I finished acquiring my last Lodestar crafting tools two weekends ago. I really should use the tools to finish obtaining access to all the landmarks for my island.

And, of course, I still have not decorated my island beyond advancing the levels of my buildings. I tend to get caught up in the upgrades and fall behind in the game. For example, I still am in the patch 6.4 content of the MSQ after spending time to fix up my new cottage.

Honestly, I can't get everything done in the two months until Dawntrail launches. But if the next Island Sanctuary type feature doesn't come out until patch 7.2, I probably have the rest of the calendar year to finish up my island.

No comments:

Post a Comment