On Thursday, 30 September, CCP will implement patch 1.1 of Eve Online's Tyrannis expansion. The outage is planned for 11:00 GMT to 13:45 GMT, but, as always, plan for a longer downtime. In other words, take a look at your training queue and plan accordingly.
Here are the notes:
- The backend of the EVE User Interface has been refactored to allow for faster development and ease of programming. Because of this some UI settings, such as stacked windows, may not be preserved after the patching process.
- Cluster memory usage for the Planetary Interaction feature has been on the increase since the launch of Tyrannis earlier this year. A number of optimizations have been included to ensure the feature’s memory footprint remains a dainty flutter for years to come and for the betterment of Tranquility’s health. Planetary Interaction gameplay remains unchanged.
Player Owned Structures, Outposts and Stations
- The ammo-icon no longer overlaps with the ammo-counter when you assume control of a POS gun.
- Resolved a crash issue related to rapidly switching between planets in planetary mode.
- The mailer cache error preventing EVE mail working in the Mac client will no longer happen.
- Fixed an issue with font rendering in the in-game browser.
- Some graphics glitches on ATI cards have been fixed, notably the effects when the shader setting is set to high and the rendering of ship afterburners.
- Users applying skill points directly to a skill would, in rare cases, show that two points were needed for next level when in fact only one point was needed. This helpful calculation has now been made more accurate.
- Resolved zoom issues when viewing a planet in planet mode while the resolution aspect ratio is higher than 1.6.