Pages

Monday, September 4, 2023

Voting For The 18th Council Of Stellar Management Starts Today

I don't play EVE Online very much anymore. Currently I'm mining to build a Porpoise and running PI on 6 planets. But since I have subscriptions running on two accounts, I get two votes in this week's election to seat the 18th Council of Stellar Management.

By the way, voting is not done in-game. One must log into the EVE Online website and do so outside the game. The voting page is found here. Thankfully a couple of elections ago CCP put in a search function to make finding the candidates you want to vote for easier. Players choosing to vote can vote for between 1 to 10 candidates. Personally, I only vote for candidates I would want to see on the CSM. Voting for people you don't know anything about just to make sure your vote "isn't wasted" is a bad idea. What if the person you vote for has ideas you hate? But I'm a minority, I think.

The reward for voting on an account is a ship SKIN for the Council Diplomatic Shuttle. The shuttle is based on a Pacifier-class frigate hull and has a little more tank than a normal shuttle. A ten-run blueprint copy was distributed for the 10th CSM and individual shuttles were given out during the elections for the 15th, 16th, and 17th CSMs.

I haven't gone into the background or why voting for the CSM is important. For a more in-depth look at the CSM, I think a post I wrote back in 2015 still stands up well.

I know, I know. I really haven't covered the CSM very much this year. Let's just say I'm a little worn out by the subject. But if anyone wants to know who I voted for, who else could I vote for? Go Mike Azariah!

No comments:

Post a Comment