Pages

Friday, May 12, 2023

Final Fantasy XIV Patch 6.4 Launches On 23 May 2023

The Producers Live Letter just finished as I type this, so I can only give the most important news as I have a real world job. Patch 6.4 will launch on 23 May, or less than two weeks from today. FFXIV's Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida stated on the stream that everyone probably knew the release date based on the timing of the PLL, but I was caught a little by surprise.

Perhaps the second biggest piece of news is that downtime for the patch will not last 24 hours. From the screenshot, downtime will last 8 hours. That means 11pm to 7am Pacific time in North America. As an added bonus, Yoshida will read the patch notes to everyone on a stream during the downtime. The audio will only be in Japanese, but that doesn't stop non-Japanese speakers from other Japanese-only audio streams like today's Producer's Live Letter.

I'll have to go over the details of the PLL next week. For now, I have to adjust my island sanctuary workshop schedule to try to get the max experience when patch 6.4 drops on the 30th.


No comments:

Post a Comment