Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Upcoming Changes in Planetary Interaction

Next week my industrial pilot Wandering Rose will finally have the skills to conduct planetary interaction fairly well.  I know, I'm late, Incursion is set to launch in a few weeks.  What took me so long?  I heard the mini-game was a click-fest.  But according to the dev blog by CCP Omen, changes are coming and I'm wondering whether I should wait until the expansion comes out.  Here are some of the changes...
  • Upgradable Command Centers will allow players to increase and decrease the CPU/Power capabilities of their colony without having to tear it all down (existing undeployed command centers will be migrated to the new system).
  • Only the first Command Center must be bought and hauled in space, after that there is no longer a need to haul command centers in order to upgrade.
  • Surveying has been radically revamped and will allow players to create extraction programs that span anything from an hour to 14 days!
  • Extractors can now be moved when in program creation mode.
Apparently, the Council of Stellar Management has made some significant proposals that have influenced the direction the dev team is taking planetary interaction.  Nice to see they are having an effect on New Eden in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment