Thursday, November 15, 2012

Scattered Thoughts

Last night was my longest gaming session in any game all week.  I logged into my Prowler, traveled two jumps, bought 3 skills books, injected them into my skills queue and logged off.  Needless to say I don't have any good stories to tell but I have collected a few thoughts over the past few days.

The first is the latest kerfuffle occurring concerning the Eve Blog Pack and other ways of disseminating blogging posts.  I don't want to go into the fight because then I have to discuss Eve politics and I don't have time.  But having followed the Tobold/Syncaine feud I can say the Eve blogosphere hasn't reached the boiling point yet.  I do feel the need to remind all the Eve bloggers about one of the biggest rules in video game blogger fight club: only start a feud on Fridays.

The next thought came from reading a post by Sugar Kyle commenting on the colors not only in Eve but on Eve-related web sites and blogs.  That reminded me of the book I'm currently reading, Neal Stephenson's Reamde.  I'm about a third of the way through the book and colors, more specifically the brightness of colors, plays a part in driving the plot.  I think I'm at the part of the book where, if Mr Stephenson was writing about Eve, my Prowler is about to be fitted with a Doomsday device.

Finally I've been scanning the major news sites ( and Eve News 24) and since the one email leaked by Eve Skunk stating that some Against ALL Alliance pilots were banned for illict ISK selling I haven't heard anything since on the subject.  Is nothing going on?  Or do people just don't care?


  1. AAA has basically played themselves into oblivion and removed themselves as a topic worth keeping track of daily other than when they decide to roam through space. As such, there is no desire by the majority for information for a bottom entity.

  2. ISK selling is so prevalent in certain null sec alliances that no one really gives a ****, unless someone like The Mittani or other well-loved Goons were to get banned (thankfully, this will never happen as long as CCP Sreegs is in charge of the anti-RMT efforts).