Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Scattered Thoughts

Last night was my longest gaming session in any game all week.  I logged into my Prowler, traveled two jumps, bought 3 skills books, injected them into my skills queue and logged off.  Needless to say I don't have any good stories to tell but I have collected a few thoughts over the past few days.

The first is the latest kerfuffle occurring concerning the Eve Blog Pack and other ways of disseminating blogging posts.  I don't want to go into the fight because then I have to discuss Eve politics and I don't have time.  But having followed the Tobold/Syncaine feud I can say the Eve blogosphere hasn't reached the boiling point yet.  I do feel the need to remind all the Eve bloggers about one of the biggest rules in video game blogger fight club: only start a feud on Fridays.

The next thought came from reading a post by Sugar Kyle commenting on the colors not only in Eve but on Eve-related web sites and blogs.  That reminded me of the book I'm currently reading, Neal Stephenson's Reamde.  I'm about a third of the way through the book and colors, more specifically the brightness of colors, plays a part in driving the plot.  I think I'm at the part of the book where, if Mr Stephenson was writing about Eve, my Prowler is about to be fitted with a Doomsday device.

Finally I've been scanning the major news sites (TheMittani.com and Eve News 24) and since the one email leaked by Eve Skunk stating that some Against ALL Alliance pilots were banned for illict ISK selling I haven't heard anything since on the subject.  Is nothing going on?  Or do people just don't care?

2 comments:

  1. AAA has basically played themselves into oblivion and removed themselves as a topic worth keeping track of daily other than when they decide to roam through space. As such, there is no desire by the majority for information for a bottom entity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ISK selling is so prevalent in certain null sec alliances that no one really gives a ****, unless someone like The Mittani or other well-loved Goons were to get banned (thankfully, this will never happen as long as CCP Sreegs is in charge of the anti-RMT efforts).

    ReplyDelete