Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Preparing for Incursion Part 3

This weekend I plan on doing a bit more hauling than usual in order to support my planetary interaction colonies in preparation for the last installment of the Incursion expansion.  Now, you may wonder if I'm taking the whole hauling corporation idea a bit too far.  After all, why would I need to haul around anything extra just because CCP is implementing another patch?

Simply put, I don't know exactly how the new character creation screen and master extractors will affect my play.  Take the character creator.  Will I need to redo the appearance of Rosewalker and Wandering Rose before they are allowed to re-enter the game?  I have heard that changing from the old school portrait to the new look is not mandatory right away, but I may have outdated information.  If I do have to change my appearance right away, I'm not going to just click on random appearance.  Both are main characters I have played for over a year and I want to do their appearance right.  I'm not going to rush through that important piece of character development just to pursue my planetary interaction gameplay and get a few isk.

The other major change for me is the new master extractors for planetary interaction.  While the master extractors will make my life easier in the long run, I do have to install them on 10 colonies.  Even if the whole process of surveying, placing the master extractor and setting up routes for the resulting products only takes 15 minutes per colonies, that is 2 1/2 hours of time I may not have to spare that first night.  And if I have to take care of my physical appearance first, I'm probably not going to get all of my colonies updated that first night.

That is where my elite hauling skills come in.  Over the last two weeks I have set aside all the excess production from my extractor units instead of selling them off like I normally do.  Each of my colonies has a spaceport with 10,000 m^3 of storage space that I use to hold all of my raw materials until my factories can turn them into tier 2 products.  Since each factory consumes 2,800 m^3 of raw materials daily, I figure I can store a 3 day supply of materials at each colony, more than enough to maintain factory production until I get my colonies updated.  Of course, I may not have a 3 days supply for each factory, but that just means I need to prioritize which colonies are upgraded first.

I'm doing all of this preparation and I haven't even discussed what the expansion is all about, the Sansha invasions.  As far as I can tell, I just need to treat them like an unexpected war dec from a corp that expects you to show up in their space and won't chase you more than 2 or three systems.  Of course, anyone in Eve outside the newbie corporations should live their lives expecting war decs anyway.  Or, to put it another way, Sansha happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment