The big news today in EVE Online is the introduction of Halloween Horrors which includes the popular Crimson Harvest seasonal event. While writing up the event I noticed some changes to the new CONCORD Rogue Analysis Beacon (CRAB) mechanic. According to the patch notes for 2021-10-28.1, many of the changes (marked with a 🤝) were a result of player feedback. While I don't play with capital ships, I figure I should note the first set of changes to the feature introduced on 19 October.
🤝Increased Rogue Drone Mutaplasmid drop rate from the CONCORD Rogue Analysis Beacon (CRAB). The frequency of mutaplasmid drops has been increased, resulting in higher chances of multiple mutaplasmids dropping from each successful CRAB run.
Missions & NPCs:
🤝CONCORD has significantly increased (20%) the wanted bounty for each of the new Rogue Drone threats discovered by CRAB deployments
Rogue Drones summoned by the CRAB have been observed to exhibit a change in tactics.
- Rogue Drones will be keeping inside the scanning perimeter of the CRAB, and also remembering which ships have been threatening them such that any new ships arriving at the CRAB will be less likely to garner their attention.
Structures & Deployables:
🤝 Reduced Bill of Materials for the CONCORD Rogue Analysis Beacon:
- 1,316,000 x Tritanium (previously 2,416,000)
- 402,000 x Pyerite (previously 502,000)
- 183,100 x Isogen (previously 310,400)
- 2440 x Zydrine (previously 2,840)
- 420 x Megacyte (Unchanged)
- 2 x Broadcast Node (Unchanged)
- 1 x Self-Harmonizing Power Core (previously 2)
- 1 x Sterile Conduits (Unchanged)
- 1 x Wetware Mainframe (Unchanged)
- The icon for Solar System Interference has now been moved to a mouse-over tooltip of the Solar System name in the location info panel.
- Added an icon for the Link Bonus Effect that appears in the status bar when linking to a CRAB.