By the time this post goes live, the downtime for Final Fantasy XIV's Patch 5.58 has ended. The big news is the implementation of an AFK timer due to the recent influx of players. Players who are inactive for more than 30 minutes will be logged out automatically.
Otherwise, a big part of the patch involves catch-up mechanics so players can finish the end game Shadowbringers content before Endwalker arrives in November. For example, the experience point gain for NPCs in the Trust system was increased.
The Cloud Deck (Extreme) trial received two changes. The first is the trial was moved from the Raid Finder to the Duty Finder. The second is that the drop rate for the Diamond Gwiber Trumpet was increased. Also, players can obtain the mount in exchange for totems by speaking to C'intana in Mor Dhona (X: 22.7 Y 6.7).
The final part of the NierR: Automata raids, The Tower at Paradigm's Breach, has had several loot restrictions lifted.
- The weekly restriction on rewards obtained from coffers has been removed.
- The weekly restriction on obtaining Breach Coins has been removed.
- The following items will now appear in a treasure chest allotted to each party of an alliance when undertaking the Tower at Paradigm's Breach:
- Stuffed Android Units
- Modern Aesthetics - Battle-ready Bobs
- Modern Aesthetics - Scanning for Style
- Smaller Stubby
- 9S Automaton
- 2B Card
- The Sound of the End Orchestrion Roll
- Mourning Orchestrion Roll
- Emil (Despair) Orchestrion Roll
- Kainé (Final Fantasy Main Theme Version) Orchestrion Roll
- The Sound of the End: 8bit Orchestrion Roll
The following adjustments were made to the critical engagement the Battle of Castrum Lacus Litore:
- When fighting the 4th Legion helldiver, damage dealt by consecutive hits of the attack Infrared Blast has been reduced.
- The maximum HP of the NPC ally tunnel armor has been increased.
- The mechanic requiring six players to step on switches to open a gate no longer requires players to remain on said switches. (Following this change, a group of less than six players should now be able to complete this mechanic.)
Haunting Memory of the Dying: Drop rate when completing designated FATEs has been increased (players are still limited to one per FATE). The number received when completing designated alliance raids has been increased from 1 to 3.